Trade Development Manager
ARE YOU READY TO EMBARK ON YOUR NEXT MOVE?
- Do you dare to be different?
- Are you willing to question, challenge and innovate in pursuit of excellence?
- Can you work collaboratively and inspire others?
- Are you ready to make your mark?
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the South African team as a Trade Development Manager. Your principal role will be to build and own the development of The Brand with customers, consumers and persons of influence across key areas in South Africa. The development lead will focus on availability and visibility of The Brand as well as applications of The Brand point of sale merchandise as well as associated Brand activations independently or with partner programs. The development lead will constantly look and explore opportunities in traditional and non-traditional spaces where non-alcoholic beverages can thrive. The role requires a charismatic individual who can identify trends in nodes and build a strong network to enable accelerated growth in The Brand. Strong negotiation skills and a solutions-orientated mindset is also important.
WITH OUR CONSUMER AT THE HEART, YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Immerse and live The Brand whilst being a credible, knowledgeable individual with clear and competent communication and reporting skills.
- Actively collaborate and navigate the Company’s organizational matrix with permanent exchange of information with Head of Grocer, Head of Customer Marketing, Regional Managers and commercial teams.
- Area Management:
- Identify and develop a database of accounts in our key strategic regions.
- Permanently analyse the market and account specific business to find new opportunities and to expand distribution.
- Support retail key accounts, grocers in coordinating brand planning and activity in retail.
- Putting the CONSUMPTION SPACES marketing strategy into practice.
- Maintain and utilize tools appropriately (POS) to increase vertical growth.
- Ensure that all marketing tools are placed in the appropriate outlets according to market guidelines and global best practice.
- Differentiate the brand through innovative support following the On-Premise vision of bringing added value to our Customers.
- Administration & Market Research:
- Ongoing utilization of all Sales Force tools, utilize Warehouses and POS.
- Negotiate and implement commercial partnership agreements.
- Offset funds from financial commercial partnership agreements.
- Management of the local budget and of all marketing tools.
- Event Activation:
- Ensure availability and premium execution of The Brand at 3rd party and Brand events.
- Attendance at 3rd party and Brand events.
- Negotiate, execute and pro-actively search for opportunities to implement creative elements that drive Martini’s brand image.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO CREATE YOUR LEGACY:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Be able to demonstrate the knowledge of the CONSUMPTION SPACES sales approach.
- Have an understanding of mathematical figures.
- Savvy, committed and passionate about style and lifestyle.
- Must be proficient in EDV (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Solution oriented and “Do-it-now” attitude.
- Strong work ethics. Candidates should be persistent, reliable, self-aware, sociable, self-motivated, flexible and ambitious.
- Degree preferred