Our Client a multinational manufacturing company in South Africa is looking for a Production Manager
To optimise the Company’s production processes to achieve business unit objectives
- Advance Computer Literacy
- Must be in possession of a recognised bachelor’s degree or diploma in Production Operations Management / Industrial Engineering Science or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification
- Minimum 5 years in an engineering role.
- Must have 5 years Automotive/Manufacturing industry experience
- Needs understanding of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Must understand an income statement, balance sheet and Financial ratio.
- Must understand Health & Safety, Quality management, inventory management (JIT) and maintenance
Key Performance Areas
- Assist with developing the plant medium to long term Manufacturing Strategy and operational plans.
- Assist with developing operational strategy
- Align plant Manufacturing Strategy to the overall business strategy.
- Provide strategic and change leadership to manufacturing function and teams.
- Achieve / exceed the annual manufacturing operational plan in accordance to set
- Plan, schedule, and monitor production (Sales requirement, stock levels, maintenance requirements, change overs, etc.)
- Schedule and arrange maintenance and repair for manufacturing operations.
- Oversee production planning
- Authorise Production Plans.
- Analyse and interpret production statistics / data in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver operational results in accordance with factory Master Plan & Budget.
- Ensure appropriate standards are established for plant utilisation and efficiency, and that performance is constantly monitored against these standards.
- Meet all deadlines & implement continuous improvement saving.
- Optimise the manufacturing processes.
- Ensure the optimal and efficient use of resources.
- Analyse and interpret Production statistics/ data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Establish solid relationships with customers based on reliability, trust, and consistent delivery
- Ensure that training needs are defined, and that training is conducted in accordance with the plan.
- Manage labour stability and complement in line with budget
- Participate in the implementation and utilisation of equity related processes.
- Compile and update performance contract and individual development plans and facilitate individual career path planning.
- Conduct performance review and manage substandard performance
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance lever
- Ensure disciplinary in maintained in department (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Resolve grievance and disputes.