Production Manager New Packaging
To plan, direct and manage production in the Company’s Durban New Production Plant in a manner that will optimize MPS’s market share, improve the sites efficiency, help achieve MPS’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service through timeous quality supply in line with Customer expectations.
- BSC. Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & 22000.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Responsible for Production Plant performance in accordance with Company Policies
- Maintain all Procedures and Works instructions in line with Production processes
- Align Site Operational Plan with the Business Plan / Budget
- Ensure Production output aligns with Sales Requirements and Sales Budget
- Review and approval of daily Production Plan
- Ensure production takes place in line with approved Procedures and Works Instructions
- Manage workforce compliment based on Production requirements
- Maintain Site Security including opening and closing of Plants
- Attend weekly Management meetings and report on Plant KPIs.
- Plan/maintain facility layout to promote safety, security, and productivity while leveraging available space.
- Manage and develop Operational personnel.
- Through management decisions, communication and behaviour, create a culture and a team that works together to meet customer needs and achieve desired results.
- Participate in the recruiting and interviewing process of new employees.
- Manage Plant inventory levels in line with production requirements. Meet regularly with Production Admin Manager to review procurement levels.
- Manage monthly stock counts. Review all variances and provide reasons. Take corrective action in order to mitigate variances
- Plant & Machinery:
- Ensure Plant and Machinery is maintained in good working order and that maintenance requirements identified are executed on a timely basis. Maintain and update a preventative maintenance schedule for all machinery and equipment.
- Maintain critical spares based on plant and machinery requirements.
- Cost Management:
- Annually draft the Operational expense budget in line with the Finance Team.
- Execute the Production Plan in line with the Operational expense Budget. Take corrective action where costs are not in line with budget
- Assist in account development – Product Trials
- Successfully resolve customer issues timely and professionally.
- Maintain positive attitude towards customers by being friendly and courteous. Provide customer assistance as needed.
- Continuously update product knowledge. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Understand product applications.