Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client, a multinational manufacturing company in South Africa, is looking for a Group Services Wage Administrator to administer the Site Payroll function and to ensure all wage related activities are carried out effectively.
This role will report to the Remuneration and benefits Specialist
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management or Payroll Certificate / equivalent Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Comply with the relevant HR Legislation (Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, BBBEE Act, Skills Development Act, MIBCO Main Agreement etc.)
- Coordinate employee take-on process & ensure information is correctly loaded onto the payroll system.
- Coordinate the employee exit process (resignations, disability, ill health, incapacity, retirement, etc.).
- Coordinate and administer inter-departmental transfers.
- Process funeral benefit applications.
- Process UIF and provident benefit applications.
- Process home loan applications.
Reward and Remuneration
- Administer the annual increase and bonus processes.
- Collect, collate and control all payroll input received in line with the payroll procedure.
- Administer data, systems and payments.
- Resolve all payroll queries from employees as they arise.
- Administer the provident fund processes and attend to employees’ queries.
- Administer the long service awards process.
- Audit leave on payroll system in line with leave forms and clocking reports.
- Ensure supervisors have all employees on the correct shift on SACO and are moved when applicable.
- Monitor and report on absenteeism and leave using the time and attendance system and the payroll system.
- Record and report any time and attendance non-conformances as and when they occur.
- Process weekly/monthly wage run, inputs and EFT payments.
- Prepare and issue payslips to permanent employees.
- Process statutory returns (PAYE, SDL, UIF, MIBCO etc.) and all payment schedules.
- Maintain and update all payroll records.
- Resolve pay queries.
- Input employee master input into payroll and time & attendance systems and maintain employee master files.
- Engage/discharge/transfer both permanent/TES employees on the payroll and time and attendance systems.
Monthly Stat Payments
- Process garnishee orders and third-party payments.
- Compile weekly/monthly wage pack.
- Maintain sick notes and leave registers.
- Maintain and update personnel files (as per employee file checklist)
- Confirm employment of all employees as requested by external institutions.
Compile HR reports