Our client is seeking a vibrant and energetic Merchandiser to join their Lingerie Department.
What You Will Be Doing:
- On line research for Senior Merch’s buying trip.
- Assorting of overseas samples from Senior Merch’s buying trip.
- Trend presentation preparation & presenting to customer along with the designers help.
- Sales for existing & new business.
- Comparison of customer figures TY verse LY i.e.: total units & value by program by month. Coordinator to pull figures for the merchandiser. Merchandiser to feedback.
- Buyers briefing. Designer to sit in on the briefing.
- Tender all programs across supplier base, every season (twice a year Winter & Summer) price and factory sample for quick reaction to trade, price and capacity issues.
- Splitting programs across supplier base to ensure less risk and pressure on factory capacity.
- Sourcing new developments. Updates on existing core lines and new styles for testing. Executing sample make up with factory for customer showing. Working a season in advance for the next season presentation.
- Sales analysis feedback & comp shop reporting and feedback.
- Costing negotiations with customer & supplier
- Additional packaging price negotiations. Co-ordinator to put together for you.
- Compile excel costing document per season to be signed off by management, and handed over to the co-ordinator for PO raising.
- Approve costings on swift. Management will authorise.
- Setting & cross checking the Monthly & Annual Targets & Budgets. Co-ordinator to compile for you.
- Communication between customer & supplier on costing/design queries/fabric approvals & all serious related matters. Including management on any serious related matters.
- All samples that we receive from the factories must be shown and checked by you for your approval.
- Weekly meetings with your team to go through existing & new orders, MST and any related issues.
- Weekly feedback meetings with management to update me on current styles, pricing, new samples, deliveries and sales feedback.
- Rails cleaned out at the end of every season i.e.: fit samples, duplicate samples, old rail samples
Ideally You Will Need:
- Degree (Advantageous)
- To be dedicated and like to see projects to completion
- To enjoy variety in your work, it’s not all numbers or pretty colours but a combination of the two
- To be a team player
- 3 – 5 years working experience as a Merchandiser (Lingerie experience preferred / advantageous)
- Valid Driver’s license & own vehicle