Our client, a leading global hygiene company, is looking for a suitably qualified & experienced Maintenance Manager to join their Engineering team.
Who You Are:
- Must be a Qualified Artisan/ Technician (Mechanical/Electrical) in possession of a minimum N6, S4 or an equivalent Diploma.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience (Artisan/Electrician) gained in a related industrial environment.
- An additional minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the OHS Act.
- Must be able to display sound knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA systems, electronic equipment, and process plant instrumentation.
- Strong leadership & coaching skills. Will lead and manage a team of Artisans.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written.).
What You Will Do
- Ensure that the necessary resources, equipment, and skills are available to provide back-up for the implementation of the maintenance plan.
- Be responsible for providing an effective service to production departments in the four major areas of maintenance, i.e. breakdown support, improvement and development, planned plant maintenance and reliability.
- Responsible for the manning and equipping of the mechanical, electrical, welding, carpentry and air conditioning workshops, including monitoring the standards of work and allocation of resources.
- Responsible for the investigation and implementation of plans for the reduction of costs associated with the engineering function, i.e. steam, power, water, compressed air, air conditioning and labour.
- Manage the expenditure against all locations.
- Suggest continuous improvements and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for the leading, planning, tracking and when required the conceptualization of project work.
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities associated to the functions under your control are compliant with the OHS Act and the relevant ISO standards adopted at the time.