Our client, a global manufacturing company, is looking for a Logistics Manager to lead the planning, prioritising and coordination of logistics activities, driving continuous improvement towards cost and service goals, and providing functional leadership and coaching to the Logistics team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or Commerce/Business Management
- A post-graduate qualification in Supply Chain/Logistics Management, Lean or Six Sigma is preferred
- 10-15 years of Logistics experience in a manufacturing environment, of which, a minimum of 5 years in a management role
- Hands-on experience in managing transportation, warehousing and shipping operations
Key Performance Areas:
- Oversees day-to-day logistics operations.
- Represents the Supply Chain Management department internally with key stakeholders in all matters related to logistics operations.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, tracking spending, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Leads Supplier Relationship Management for Logistics Service Providers: develops and implements SOPs and SLAs, conduct regular performance reviews and facilitate joint planning and value creation activities.
- Inputs and leads the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy within the Logistics area.
- Drives continuous improvement of Logistics systems, processes and operations on cost and service levels.
- IMS Champion: enables the development of SOPs, leads implementation and drives compliance.
- Deep understanding of operational best practices in Logistics
- Demonstrated ability to deliver efficiencies and cost improvement initiatives while maintaining high performance levels in a demanding operational environment
- Commitment to working with, leading and developing people
- Proven problem solver and ability to manage competing priorities
- Collaborative team-player with a “roll-up your sleeves” approach