Group Tax Manager
They are currently recruiting for a Group Tax Manager. Along with the below experience and qualifications, personality is key for this role. You will need to have the ability to communicate at all levels. Self-motivated, independent worker and not afraid to ask questions. High on energy and ability to make it happen!
The primary purpose of the Group Tax Manager is to attend to all tax matters in the group, both in the form of computations, preparation and submission of direct and indirect tax returns, maintenance of tax policies and strategic planning to achieve tax efficiencies, savings, grants and incentives.
- CA(SA) plus post-graduate qualification in tax or studying towards one
- BCom with post-graduate tax diploma/degree
- Master’s degree in tax or studying towards will be advantageous
- Minimum 8 years accounting and tax experience
- Good working knowledge of tax implications within a group business environment
- Ensure that each subsidiary and group is compliant with all tax laws (Income tax, VAT, PAYE, SKILLS, UIF, Duties and tariffs)
- Ensure that the preparation of all tax returns is accurate and submitted timeously
- Be fully conversant with existing tax legislation and proposed changes or new taxes that may affect the Company
- Maintenance of the Company’s tax policies and framework
- Proactively seek opportunities to achieve tax savings and improve profitability without increasing tax risk or compromising the reputation of the Company.
- Prepare income tax computation and vat cash flow and balance sheet calculations for the Group
- Profit estimates (Monthly and for Board Papers)
- Prepare tax calculations to accrue for tax on a monthly basis and at year end for each subsidiary and group
- Analyze variances between budget/forecasts and actual results and provide commentary thereon
- Report to Audit Committee on tax issues
- Calculate current and deferred tax liabilities for all companies in the Group
- Prepare tax pack schedules
- Review tax packs at interim and year end submitted by the operations
- Prepare and submit: Income tax, provisional tax and dividends tax returns to SARS for all South African companies in the Group
- Reviews and approves VAT returns
- Provides guidance to entities on the provisions of the VAT Act
- Liaise with SARS on vat audit and prepare the necessary working sheets
- Respond to queries from tax authorities in South Africa
- Chair the Tax Risk Committee
- Regularly monitor systems and internal controls impacting on tax-related issues to ensure compliance with tax legislation
- Be fully conversant with South African tax legislation, including income tax, VAT, PAYE and customs and excise and any amendments thereto
- Assess the impact that any amendments to tax legislation may have
Due to the large number of applications we receive, it is impossible to respond to each candidate individually. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.