Group Safety and Compliance Manager
Supply Chain ~ Other
Our client, who operates at a national level and provides their customers, who span across Sub-Sahara Africa, with a farm to fork service are in search of an experienced Group Safety and Compliance Manager to join their team.
Responsible to manage all Occupational Health and Safety related items on all sites, and to ensure compliance with the OHS Act. Manage environmental issues and ensure compliance to the NEMA Act. Assess the Company’s commitment towards Human Rights in the work place, Business Ethics as well as the ETI Base Code.
Maintain a register of all registrations, inspections and survey’s that needs to be conducted and ensure that these items are executed.
- Diploma in Risk Management, Risk Assessments, Legal Liability, Incident Investigation
- 10 years relevant experience
- FMCG, Manufacturing sector experience will be an advantage
- Proven ability to manage, maintain and deliver against Managerial requirements
- Analytical skills
- Above average written / oral communications skill
- Attention for detail
- Report Writing skills
Group Safety Manager:
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer on all HSE related matters
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment:
- Assess all company activities and determine underlying Occupational Hazards and risk
- Develop risk mitigating controls for the identified Hazards and risks as well as implementation of these controls
- Evaluate effectiveness of the implemented controls
Environmental Impact Management:
- Manage the Company’s impact on the Environment by gathering and analyzing environmental impact data.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the NEMA Act and regulations
Human Rights Compliance:
- Periodically assess the Company’s Human Rights risk profile to determine if any activities might have an adverse effect on Human Rights
- Periodically assess all stakeholder’s Human Rights risk profile to determine if any of their activities might have an adverse effect on Human Rights
- Periodically examine the Company’s systems to identify protentional areas that might violate the Company’s Business Ethics Code
ETI Base Code:
- Periodically examine the Company’s systems to identify potential areas that might violate the Company’s Ethical Trade Initiative Base Code
- Maintain the Company’s Compliance Register with regards to all OHS, Environmental issues as well as Municipal bylaws