Group Financial Reporting Manager
A well-established South African-based manufacturing company and one of the largest exporters, supplying to customers across SA, Africa, and the World, are currently recruiting for a Group Finance Reporting Manager to join their Pietermaritzburg team.
Along with the below experience and qualifications, personality is key for this role. You will need to have the ability to communicate at all levels. Self-motivated, independent worker and not afraid to ask questions. High on energy and ability to make it happen.
The overall purpose of the Group Financial Accounting Manager is to take responsibility for the Group financial accounting policies and procedures as well as the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of consolidated financial records, reports and statements. Additionally, providing all JSE and statutory financial reporting. Play an active role in working with the Financial Managers to support the subsidiaries needs driven best in class accounting practices. Delivers and is responsible for the finance control framework across the business including compliance and training.
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualified CA
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years in a senior management role
- Experience in a senior financial report role within a listed environment
Business and Financial Accountabilities:
- Develops, implements and monitors financial policies and processes, enabling the accounting of financial transactions and preparation of financial results
- Drives the preparation of the group reporting, provide corporate oversight on all aspects of statutory and technical accounting and reporting
- Act as a subject matter expert on all technical accounting issues and provide technical support to subsidiaries and Finance Managers as and when required
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of Group and company statutory reporting as per JSE and Company Act requirements
Transactional oversight (Group Corporate operations)
- Review and approve all transactions necessary to maintain an accurate and complete Corporate general ledger and trial balance.
- Review and approve capitalisations, disposals and monthly depreciation of fixed assets into the companies fixed asset management system on a timely basis.
- Oversight of all the inter-company transactions
- Oversight of high-level maintenance of ERP system with respect to user access profiles, general ledger chart of accounts, reporting cut-off dates.
Corporate Ledger Cost management
- Review the monthly cost report by function, provide commentary on variances against budget and/or forecast, recommend corrective measures and distribute to the Executives.
- Present the annual budget and forecasts, including variance analysis, to Group Executives for approval prior to submission to the management reporting team.
Reporting and controls
- Review of monthly and year-end reporting packages for Group Operations.
- Review and/or prepare annual financial statements for all Group Operations.
- Review the capital work-in-progress reporting requirements
Systems, projects and other requirements
- Regularly assess the utilisation of ERP system within Group Operations
Customer and Stakeholder Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain good stakeholder relationships (internally, externally and internationally)
- Act as the key point of contact for external auditors and internal auditors.
People and Leadership Accountabilities:
- Promotes efficient, accountable, responsible, transparent and moral behaviour that supports the growth of the business
- Contribute to the development of a positive team culture
- Embrace self-development and lifelong learning to stimulate continuous personal growth
- Facilitates the roll out of appropriate training to the relevant finance staff