Our client in the shipping and logistics industry is looking for a General Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the business to drive growth and profitability through an engaged and productive team.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide overall leadership to drive operational performance.
- Drive continuous operational improvement and efficiencies through employee involvement, improved methods, and adoption of best practices.
- Work closely with the senior management team to achieve objectives including financial goals, increased productivity, margin improvement and customer satisfaction targets.
- Accountable for the management and performance of the sales, warehouse, and finance departments to support profitability targets.
- Report to the CEO on operational performance and suggest improvements.
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws.
- Implement Group policies and directives and ensure adherence.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment, ensuring that all employees are engaged and committed.
- BCom/ Business Management / MBA / CA / CIMA
- Self-starter with at least 10 years in a senior leadership role with extensive management experience
- Responsible and hands-on leader with an eagerness to be fully involved in the daily operations
- Analytical and strategic mindset with excellent business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized and deadline-driven operating environment
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent planning, organizational skills, and decision making
- Excellent verbal, and written communication and good interpersonal skills