Financial Controller AME
Our client, a chemical manufacturing company based in Kwa-Zulu Natal, is looking for a Financial Controller to provide financial and operational analysis to FD and Exco. You will ensure optimised reporting to all stakeholders, payment to suppliers, collection of cash and internal controls surrounding these; and manage risk including export, local and intercompany debtors.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5 years’ experience in chemical or similar industry
- Analyst Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Standard financial costing experience
- Staff management experience preferable
- ERP system experience
- Ensure the timely, accurate monthly delivery of results, management information and financial reporting packs.
- Ensure regional entities complete balance sheet reconciliations and sign off the numbers.
- Monitor and review the results of stock counts.
- Ensure the correct recording and protection of all assets of the Company.
- Weekly review of the debtor department’s KPI’s, reports and corrective actions.
- Ensure completion and review the calculation of under recovery and recording of purchase price variances for the Companies and ensure teams incorporate into the accounts
- Making recommendations w.r.t monthly results in respect of IFRS
- Ensure teams reconcile intercompany accounts and all differences are resolved in a timely manner
- Review of IFRS 16 compliance and reporting
- Review of changes to chart of accounts
- Review of Fixed Assets to ensure correct classification and valuation
- Co-ordinate and participate in monthly Credit management meetings.
- Debtor management review and overview.
- Review customer trends in payment record and order levels.
- Monitor credit requirements (legal and global) to ensure policy is up to date and relevant for the business.
- Responsible for making sure that a credit policy is documented and available in line with group policies
- Making sure that policy is adhered to, take remedial action as required and escalate if necessary.
- Participate in weekly Global controllers calls.
- Co-ordinate and participate in quarterly Tax compliance meetings.
- Co-ordinate and participate in quarterly Legal compliance meetings.
Templates for meetings
- Review and analyse any financial templates that are used by the Sub region.
- Carry out adhoc projects for AME Finance Head
- Carry out ad hoc financial accounting projects eg. ERP systems etc.
- Contribute strategic financial expertise and information that ensures AME Finance Head can take sound and informed decisions
- All local and asset insurance negotiations and cover for AME entities
- Planning and negotiation of cash loans and overdrafts with banks subject to global authorisation table.
- Planning of external audit, hard-close and annual audit with auditors.
Enterprise Risk management
- Involvement in planning of three yearly internal audit and designing and improving on weaknesses of controls from a financial perspective.
- Co-ordinate and with the Internal audit function and ensure compliance with internal audit requirements.
- Ensuring that cash is managed in accordance with business requirements and cash forecast.
- Bank liaison and negations in rates and facilities
- Create Guidelines for statutory payments.
- Review and analyse, working capital improvement identification opportunities.
- Review and implement hedging options to mitigate foreign currency exposure (FEC’s)
- Ensure compliance with Treasury.
Statutory and Audit
- Ensure that statutory statements are completed and compiled and audited.
- Monitor and manage the different audits, interim, annual audit and internal, ensuring sign off financials by auditors 6 months after year end.
- Ensure timeous submission of all statutory returns required by the Companies Act.
- Ensure teams complete review of all tax calculations for AME entities
- Ensure teams completion of accurate and timeous completion of all revenue authorities templates/returns.
- Ensure adequate tax planning and optimisation procedures are followed (Transfer pricing policy/R&D allowances)
- Manage all Insurance claims together with the Legal department.
- Ensure all claims are dealt with timeously and efficiently.
- Review Insurance policies to ensure adequate asset/risk coverage.
- Liaise with Insurance teams.
- Adhere to all HR policies, procedures and requirements to ensure sound people practices.
- Management of external stakeholder requirements.