Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client, a global manufacturing company, is looking for a Financial Analyst who will report to the Group and Commercial Controller, and support the CFO, CCO and Group Controlling Manager with financial information that is relevant, accurate, of a high quality, and which has been produced in a timely manner.
Furthermore, the Financial Analyst is expected to provide support and commercial insight, identifying opportunities to improve product and margin management.
Education and Experience Required:
- Matric | Grade 12
- BCom or equivalent Finance related degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a large manufacturing concern using standard costing, CO-PA with appreciation of the strategic business drivers to ensure optimization of margins, profitability and cash flows.
- SAP experience
Key Performance Areas:
- Report information that is accurate, relevant and has been prepared efficiently to facilitate strategic decision-making.
- Review, analyse, interpret and present financial data.
- Consolidate Operational information into reporting, OPCO pack & various & Group presentations
- Support operational controlling teams as necessary due to resourcing constraints and/or project demands on the operational teams.
- Ensure accurate & consistent profitability reporting across all Group platforms
- Building solid working relationships across departments.
- Forward looking focus with the ability to build models and forecasts.
- Manage, develop and enhance standard operating procedures.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Project management and execution.
Job Competencies / Attributes / Skills
- Ability to work under pressure with limited to no supervision, prioritising tasks, and being able to work within a team to ensure the business objectives are met.
- Show insight into processes and system enhancements and improvements and their contribution to alignment with and achieving the company strategy.
- Effective people skills, including the ability to persuade others, and the ability to mobilize and energise individuals and teams towards company objectives.
- Identifying best practice and implementing it throughout the group
- Representing the department within the management team as well as the external environment (eg auditors and insurers)
- Adaptable and insightful regarding the benefits of cultural diversity and inclusion.