Our Client one of South Africa’s favorites is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
The purpose of the Financial Accountant will be to assist in the performance of Group Reporting functions.
- CA (SA)
- A minimum of 2 years’ post articles experience
- Articles done at ‘Big 4 Firms’ (PWC, KPMG, EY, Deloitte) would be preferable
- Proven technical knowledge of IFRS
- Proficient in all related computer applications including SAP (advantageous), MS Office (intermediate level), etc.
The ideal applicant will satisfy the following skills requirements:
- A high degree of confidentiality, emotional maturity, ethical values, and integrity
- Must have a high stress tolerance and the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues and with external customers in a team orientated manner
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assist with the Budget reporting cycle-including developing guidelines, setting up of Budget forecast and presentation packs
- Compilation of Final Budget book
- Prepare the consolidated daily and weekly sales for SA performance
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly SA management accounts and Board pack including checking the accuracy of these pack before distribution This includes the preparation of monthly elimination entries
- Consolidation of cash flow statements
- Assist the Group Management Accountant with BI analysis as required
- Assist with the preparation of Interim and year-end financial statements – This includes the completion of notes to the financial statements and assisting with audit requirements
- Perform technical research into IFRS reporting issues and analysis of results
- Create the monthly IFRS 16 entry for the SA business and post into the ledger
- Assist with Central Office payments authorization and Online banking administration/SAP new vendor creation
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by management