Our client, in the manufacturing industry. Is looking for a Financial Accountant based in Nasrec JHB.
- Finance Degree with Honours with SAICA articles
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferably
Experience in preparing monthly management accounts. Extensive knowledge in IFRS and taxation. A good understanding on Safex , Hedges and Forex. Maintaining and creating processes and controls around the management of stock. Experience in and manufacturing and FMCG environment, Management of a finance team including creditors and stock.
Above average written/oral communications skill, Conflict Management, Report Writing skills.
Responsible for ensuring that the trial balance for GOCM is accurate and complete. This is done by:
- Posting the relevant month end Journals
- Making sure the correct intercompany contracts at the correct prices and tonnages are used.
- Ensuring that Safex, the hedges and the forex is correctly allocated.
- Analysis of the GOCM income statement
- Preparation of the GOCM balance sheet recons
- Review of all GOCM creditors
- Review of all site stock count, procedures, stock gain loss analysis and stock reporting.
Skills and Attributes
- Tolerance of stress
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Able to interact at middle management level
- Able to plan ahead
- Manage time
- Able to prioritize