A key member of the finance team responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the Company Management Accounts as well as the preparation of critical financial reports. Manage a Finance Team of 4 direct reportees.
- BCom Accounting Honours / CA(SA) preferable
- Intermediate Pastel knowledge
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot, V-Look ups for data analysis)
- Accounting Principles & Rules
- Read & Understand financial statements
- Taxation knowledge and practical experience of submissions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Financial Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a Finance Team
- Responsible for the accuracy of the monthly Management Accounts including the Corporate Reporting Pack. This will include review of all financial issues such as General Ledger recons, Creditor recons and Age Analysis, Debtors Age Analysis and Fixed Assets Register.
- Responsible for managing the finance team including performance, deadlines and deliverables. Perform quarterly KPI reviews with finance team.
- Preparation of key monthly reports:
a. Internal Management Accountsb. Cost Centre Accountsc. Product Costingsd. Margin Analyses.e. Weekly Sales Reports.4. Responsible for Cost Accounting functions:a. Valuation of inventoryb. Product costingsc. Review of import costings.5. Responsible for Inventory masterdata.6. Create/maintain product masterdata.7. Create/maintain manufacturing masterdata.8. Schedule monthly review meetings with Cost Centre Managers to review Cost Centre Accounts and formalise and track corrective action.9. Scheduling of monthly stock counts and review of monthly stock variances and ensure corrective action is implemented to address variances.10. Maintenance of Forward Exchange Cover including cover requirements and calculating order requirements. Review and approval of foreign payments schedule.11. Responsible for Fixed Assets Register and Tax Assets Register and implementation of scheduled asset verifications.12. Responsible for Sales price masterdata and price adjustment calculations.13. Preparation of Project Cost justification calculations.14. Daily Purchase Requisition approval in line with budgets.15. Monthly Payroll review and variance analysis.16. Annual Budget preparation.17. Monthly tax computation and Corporate tax submissions.18. All Company tax compliance and submissions.19. Daily cashflow management.20. Oversight and super user for ERP System.21. Cost tracking against budgets and implementation of corrective action.22. Responsible for the execution and finalisation of the annual financial audit.23. Maintenance of insurance policies and premiums.
- Supplier contract management including financial analysis of proposed purchases
- Formalisation of policies and procedures
- Monitoring implementation of policies and procedures
- Management of IT infrastructure through co-ordination with IT Service Provider
Due to the large number of applications we receive, it is impossible to respond to each candidate individually. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.