Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client, a well-known South African listed company, is looking for a Finance Manager to be responsible for managing and directing the entire financial function for multiple companies across multiple regions in the following areas: Management Accounts, Flash & HFM Group Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting, Cash Management, AFS, Board Packs, Internal & External Audits, Internal Financial Controls, Risk Management, Board Reporting & Representation, IFRS compliance, Financial Models, Procurement & Cost Control, Contracting, Legal & Insurance and Tax Compliance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- CA (SA).
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- 8 years’ experience working in Finance, including 4 years in a management position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall financial process.
- Coordinate and prepare year end estimates and annual budgets.
- Maintain accurate and up to date fixed asset registers.
- Review and sign off all balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Identify and manage financial risks.
- Ensure customer payments are collected within the agreed credit terms.
- Ensure completeness of revenue.
- Review and approve credit applications in line with LOAs.
- Implement and monitor adherence to creditors policies & procedures.
- Ensure creditors and reconciled to statement and paid on time.
- Ensure SARS deferments settled timeously.
- Preparation of financial models.
- Preparation of board notes.
- Secure funding for projects.
- Post project reviews.
- Execute on projects.
Ensure Compliance with Relevant Legislation:
- Adheres to Tax and Accounting Laws.
- Adheres to all other relevant legislation.
- Ensure that quarterly tax computations are prepared and reviewed; Income tax returns are filed and paid on time.
- Overall ensure that the company is in compliance with Tax requirements (VAT, PAYE, Withholding Tax, Income Tax, Transfer Pricing).
- Ensure that AFS are completed within 3 months after year end.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS.