Divisional Employee Relations Specialist
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our client, a multinational manufacturing company in South Africa, is looking for a Divisional Employee Relations Specialist to align organisational strategy with employee needs and to optimise interaction with employees and HR processes to ensure the improvement of relationships between stakeholders in order to meet organisational objectives.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or BTech in Human Sciences, Human Resources Management or Industrial/Organisational Psychology essential
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in IR/Labour law prefered
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist with the implementation of the Human Resources Management Strategic and operational plans by aligning organisational strategy with employee needs.
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing the relationship between the organisation and unions.
- Overseeing all people practices ensuring they are legally compliant.
- Creating people practices which develop and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Ensure people practices are fair and transparent.
- Supporting the organisation through restructures.
- Translate legislative changes into relevant HR Policies and Practices.
- An in depth understanding of and to comply with the relevant HR Legislation (Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, BBBEE Act, Skills Development Act, MIBCO Main Agreement etc.)
- Create an awareness of BBBEE within the Group.
- Monitor, report on trends and provide advise to Line Management regarding labour statistics.
- Monitor consistent application of IR processes, policies and procedures
- Monitor and advise on substantive conditions of employment and related rights and obligations.
- Facilitate external IR processes (CCMA. Labour Court, DRC etc.)
- Monitor the IR climate and advise Line Management on appropriate actions.
- Facilitate the resolution of employee disputes, grievances and conflicts.
- Facilitate formal and informal communication with Unions and Shop Stewards.
- Monitor national annual wage negotiations with Trade Unions and manage the implementation thereof.
- Keep abreast with IR developments, trends, court judgements, communication systems etc.
- Instil a Performance Management Culture in the organisation.
- Facilitate the Performance Management process and administer performance management records.