Attorney – Estates And Trusts
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
Our Client, a well established law firm in Durban, is looking for an attorney for their Estates and Trust division with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
Job Description And Requirements:
- Admitted as an Attorney – LLB degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in autonomously handling the process of administration of a deceased estate from beginning to completion which includes the drafting and evaluation of Liquidation and Distribution Accounts.
- Self-motivated individual who can run their own practice in a systematic manner.
- High level of responsibility and accuracy, noting statutory deadlines, and who takes pride in their work.
- Works well in a team and with different personalities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English) – individual is expected to draft their own correspondence and documents.
- Commercial acumen and experience, including intermediate numeracy skills.
- Strong computer literacy with experience in MS Office Suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of legal accounting requirements and an ability to attend to the invoicing and internal banking requirements of the firm.
- Ability to engage with various stakeholders in a respectful and clear manner.
- Professional ethics and integrity, which includes a knowledge of the statutory, fiduciary, and regulatory requirements of their role.
- Maintain best practice standards as required by the Legal Practice Council.
- Take instructions, review and draft Wills and Testamentary Documents.
- Intermediate knowledge of the tax consequences of a deceased estate and the ability to engage with SARS on queries in this regard.
- Not necessary, but advantageous:
- Experience in Legalese or other practice management systems.
- Member of the Fiduciary Institute of South Africa with FSPA designation or working towards designation.
- Ability to assist clients with the Estate Planning Process.
- Attending to various Trust administration issues – reviewing of trust deeds, drafting resolutions etc.